Finding inspiration when your writing copy can sometimes seem hard especially if your writing about something you don’t personally have much knowledge.
Many copywriters can suffer from writers block when tackling new subjects so it often pays to have a checklist of things to go through to help in getting started.
Well here are ten tips for writing copy that can help to motivate you and cut down the brainstorming time needed to format your ideas and eventually the copy that you write.
If you’re writing for the online audience then a suitable online copywriting course may be desired to produce the correct targeted copy.
- You can get ad copy ideas by studying similar product’s advertising material. Collect their sales letters, classified ads, web ads, e-mail ads, etc.
- Know exactly what you want your ad copy to accomplish. It could be to qualify prospects, make sales, generate leads, attract web traffic, etc.
- Make a complete list of your product’s benefits and features. Begin your ad with the most important benefit either in your headline or first sentence.
- Make your ad benefits as specific as possible. Include exact numbers, percentages, times, colors, smells, sounds, descriptive adjectives, etc.
- List all the ways your product is different from your competition’s. Include all the differences in your ad copy that are better than their product.
- Use graphics, pictures and drawings of people actually using your product to solve their problem. Include a picture that also shows the results.
- Make a list of your target audience. Write down what reasons would attract them to purchase your product. Include those reasons in your ad copy.
- Include any proven facts in your ad copy. They could be customer surveys, scientific tests, product reviews, etc.
- Tell your audience what kind of support they’ll get after they buy. It could be free consulting, tech support, free servicing, etc.
- Ask people at the end of your copy why they decided not to buy. This will give you new ideas on how to produce a more profitable ad copy.
Just go though each copywriting tip and you will soon find yourself easing into the subject matter.
Use these copywriting tips and you will find that you can quickly get to the gist of what you want to write about and also the layout of your sales or promotional letter will be practically written for you.
Depending on the medium your writing for though can mean adjusting your copy accordingly to produce maximum results. Bob Serling’s famous Power Copywriting for the Internet course is one way of making sure that your online copy writing skills are able to produce the maximum results.
Bob Serling’s famous step by step Power Copywriting for the Internet course as well as more free copywriting tips can be found at www.copywritingtip.com, see how you can increase your sales by using the information in this copywriting course.